How to Count the Omer Pt. 3: How to Count
• Find a place to stand where you won’t be disturbed for a few moments.
• Take a soft, deep breath and begin with the introductory prayer.
• Take a moment to name the spiritual quality of the week (to be posted once a week on Tuesdays). With gentleness and discipline, commit yourself to notice how this quality will unfold within and around you as you go through the next 24 hours.
• On some nights, you might find you do not have the time for the whole practice. In that case, say the prayer for counting and count the day.
• Practices are strengthened through repetition and routine. Counting in the same location and around the same time each evening can help sustain your practice.